You are invited to attend a Panel Presentation at the Sherwoord High School PTSA General Meeting:
Drug and Alcohol Trends Gaining Popularity among Young Adults
Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 at 7:15pm in the Media Center
What is happening in our community and what can we do about it?
- What are the current trends?
- What are school ramifications and the legal ramifications?
- What are the impacts of vapes, marijuana, synthetic drugs and alcohol on young adults?
- What are the signs of addiction and what can we do about it?
- What are the services that are available to young adults and their families?
Some of the Community Partners in the Panel:
Officer Jayme Derbyshire, Montgomery County Police Department: sharing the legal ramifications to students and for parents, what is seen in the community, etc.
Bill Gregory, Sherwood High School Principal: School policies, etc.
Alex: sharing his personal story of recovery.
Andy Jillson, CSC-AD, group facilitator for Adolescent Substance Abuse Prevention Program with Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health Services, Montgomery County DHHS: sharing early warning signs and treatment and prevention resources within the community.