Dear Rosa Parks Family and Staff,
Hi everyone! Hope you are having a relaxing summer.
The Rosa Parks PTA is looking forward to working with you as we collaborate with Rosa Parks’ staff for another fabulous school year. The goal of the PTA is to enhance the educational experience of our children in 3 areas: family engagement, health and safety, and multi-cultural arts in education.
My name is Gina Woodward and I am excited to be the President of the PTA for the 2017-2018 school year. I have been a member of the Rosa Parks community for over 18 years as a parent, staff member and now as both a parent and a staff member. I know we have the best students, parents and staff members who will help make great things happen.
On behalf of the Rosa Parks PTA board we welcome you to the 2017-18 school year and would like to invite you to take a look at our membership drive, sign up and get involved right away.
Here are a few ways you can be a part of this community:
1. Please join PTA! Membership will buy you, up to two adult memberships, a directory of students, voting rights, and a card that shows you support your child and teachers in education. Online sign up on is the easiest! Your votes have helped us move our needs forward with the county council and school board in the past; there is power in numbers!
Membership dues and donations allow the PTA to support various programs within the Rosa Parks Community. In 2016-2017, the PTA contributed to:
- Beautification & Landscaping
- Teacher Appreciation
- Walkie Talkies
- Multi-Cultural Night
- Themed School Dances
Each single or double membership entitles your family to one directory. A single membership has one vote and a double membership has two.
2. Give to the Direct Appeal Campaign to support the costs of programs for our students and their families as well as help fulfill the school’s “wish list”. This Direct Appeal Campaign allows us to support our school DIRECTLY and enjoy the programs without the overwhelming feeling of fundraising constantly.
3. Volunteer to support our school community. There are a lot of ways you can get involved. We will have information at all school open house events and in the main office.
4. Stay connected: we are working on a new communication device that will replace our Yahoo Group and updating our webpage. Keep an eye on the website, it is a goal of mine to keep this up-to-date for our community.
Middle School years can be the best and the hardest for both parents and students, just ask someone who has taught this age for 25 years, so let’s do this together!
Gina Woodward (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Rosa Parks PTA President 2016-2018